FieldOne™ integrates seamlessly and powerfully with Intuit QuickBooks®. First we will quickly discuss how FieldOne software relates to QuickBooks, and then we will cover the technical details of the integration.
How FieldOne relates to QuickBooks
Before we designed the architecture of FieldOne, we thoroughly researched the service industry and found that 85% of all service companies were using QuickBooks to manage their company's financial information. Although QuickBooks is limited when it comes to day-to-day operations, it does handle the financial aspects well and is designed to be used in multiple vertical markets.
QuickBooks supplies a powerful open API (application program interface) that enables third party vendors to integrate their software application successfully with QuickBooks. Using this API, we were able to meet the following goals as we designed the interface between FieldOne and QuickBooks:
- Your data can easily be imported into QuickBooks using a simple process, and without paying extra charges.
- Information you enter into FieldOne software will automatically show up in QuickBooks.
- You will not need to have QuickBooks open when entering or viewing data in FieldOne.
- FieldOne has its own billing system, so is not limited to the QuickBooks billing procedures; however, if you are using QuickBooks, all invoices and service customer payments should show up in QuickBooks with the same details shown in FieldOne.
- If your accountant is familiar with QuickBooks, he or she should be able to obtain all the necessary data from QuickBooks, without having to access FieldOne.
Details of the QuickBooks integration
QuickBooks software integration has two stages:
- The initial import of your existing company's data into FieldOne.
- The synchronization of your FieldOne data back into QuickBooks.
When you install FieldOne and create your company file, you are presented with the option of importing your existing QuickBooks data; simply indicate where your QuickBooks file is located. Your data will then be seamlessly imported into FieldOne. You can start working right away in FieldOne, using the imported data. Depending on the amount of data and the speed of your network, this process should take about 10-15 minutes.
With FieldOne, you can import the following data from QuickBooks:
- Customer Balances
- Customer Types
- Vendor Types
- Employee Pay Types
- Ship Via
- Tax Codes
- Data Synchronization
As you work with FieldOne software, you can keep your QuickBooks files synchronized. When you're ready, you will be presented with a form showing all the transactions ready to be exported. With a few clicks, you can export:
- Customer Invoices
- Customer Payments
- Employee Time Sheets
- PO Bills
- PO Bill Payments
You will be performing all of your day-to-day operations in FieldOne, and all of your invoicing, customer payments, PO bills and employee schedules will be recorded in FieldOne. Any new records created in FieldOne will be automatically created in QuickBooks when you export to QuickBooks, avoiding the need for you to re-enter this data.
Since all customer payments will be exported to QuickBooks for you, you can use QuickBooks to create your bank deposits. You can also use QuickBooks to print paychecks for employees (all completed schedule slots are exported as a time sheet record) and vendors (all PO Bills are exported to QuickBooks as a PO Bill).
Please note that all your Invoices will look the same and contain the same information, regardless of whether they are generated by QuickBooks or by FieldOne.